Single Image Page

Single Image Page

Title

LAMBETH MAGISTRATES’ COURT, RENFREW ROAD, KENNINGTON

Lambeth Magistrates' Court in Renfrew Road, Kennington. The Court was built in 1869 to the designs of the then Metropolitan Police Surveyor, Thomas Sorby. It remained as a Police Court for 100 years until the Camberwell Green Magistrates' Court opened and then becoming a maximum security court. The numerous high profile trials including that of the Kray Twins in 1968. It was restored by a Buddhist community and is now the Jamyang Buddhist Centre.Ref: LBL/CE/PR/2/58b

Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to archives@lambeth.gov.uk.


Details
Collection:Public Relations Photographs
Image type:Photograph
Artist:Fox Photos
Ref:11136
Original ref:LBL/CE/PR/2/58b
Date:c.1955

1951 - 1975BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTUREKENNINGTONLAW AND ORDERPhotographPublic Relations PhotographsRELIGION

Buy This Print

Buy This Print

Size Price (inc VAT) Shipping UK
(6"x4" & 10"x8" £2.50)
(Other £3.99)
Worldwide
(£5.99)
6"x4" £8.75
10"x8" £15.50
16"x12" £25.00
20"x16" £31.25

Other Photos Nearby

Other Photos Near Map