The altar cloth made in 1884 for the chapel at Lambeth Palace. It was designed by J. Arthur Reeve and stitched by the Sisters of Clewer in silk and gold thread on a light terracotta background. The design of phoenixes was chosen to sybolise the resurrection.Ref: The Builder, Vol.49, No.2231, p.641, 7th November 1885
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to email@example.com.