Restoring Lambeth Palace following damage by high explosive bombs and incendiaries in World War II. The Palace, home of the Archbishops of Canterbury in London, is also the centre of the Church of England and the Anglican Community. Restoration work on the roof of the library, seen here, was due to be completed by 1948 in time for the Lambeth Conference. Photograph published in the Sphere, May 3rd 1947.Ref: Cuttings File 187
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.