Lambeth Palace following damage by high explosive bombs and incendiaries in World War II. Restoration work on the roof of the library, seen here, was due to be completed by 1948 in time for the Lambeth Conference. The frieze with a design of alternating mitres and heads, to the right of the scaffolding in the roof, escaped being damage. Photograph published in the Sphere, May 3rd 1947.Ref: Cuttings File 187
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.