Plan showing a perambulation along the 1808 Lambeth parish boundary from Clapham Road (Turnpike Road) across Union Road (Union Place) to Larkhall Lane (Highway). Places noted in the accompanying text include: the Bedford Arms public house; Clapham Workhouse; Mr Willimott's house; Mr Sketchley's house; and the Lark Hall ale house.From 'Perambulation of the Parish of Lambeth in the County of Surrey, 1808' by Middleton and Bailey, Lambeth: '...the Rector, parish Officer and Inhabitants of Lambeth, have, from time immemorial, been in the habit of walking the Bounds of the Parish.'Ref: P6 /p59
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.