Plan showing a perambulation along the Lambeth parish boundary in Brook Drive (Pleasant Place and Garden Place) to Temple Street. Places noted in the accompanying text include: the Spread Eagle public house; Bird Street, South Street (renamed Austral Street in 1882), Gibraltar Row, Elliot's Row, Pit Street, and Newington Glebe.From 'Perambulation of the Parish of Lambeth in the County of Surrey, 1808' by Middleton and Bailey, Lambeth: '...the Rector, parish Officer and Inhabitants of Lambeth, have, from time immemorial, been in the habit of walking the Bounds of the Parish.'Ref: P6 /p15
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to email@example.com.