LAMBETH PARISH BOUNDARY WATERLOO, BROADWALL TO HIGLER’S LANE
Plan showing a perambulation along the 1808 parish boundary of Lambeth from Broadwall to Webber Street (Higler's Lane). Places and people noted in the accompanying text include: Christchurch Workhouse; Curtis's Halfpenny Hatch; Glover's Halfpenny Hatch; Great Charlotte Street (the New Cut) and John O'Groats public house. The pub, later in Gray Street, was established c.1800 but closed in 1933.From 'Perambulation of the Parish of Lambeth in the County of Surrey, 1808' by Middleton and Bailey, Lambeth: '...the Rector, parish Officer and Inhabitants of Lambeth, have, from time immemorial, been in the habit of walking the Bounds of the Parish.'Ref: P6 /p7
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.