View looking north-east towards the Lark Hall public house on the Clapham Highway (now Larkhall Lane). A visitor to the tavern in 1839 noted: 'We visited this once romantic tavern the Lark Hall, but now a neighbourhood, and was not very well pleased with the landlord. He is a cross old chap, very unaccommodating, his gardens are good, and so are his new skittle grounds, the company tolerably good but plain.'Watercolour by J.M.Barralet (fl.1774-1786).Ref: SP22/608.LAR.1
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.