LONDON FIRE BRIGADE HEADQUARTERS, ALBERT EMBANKMENT, LAMBETH
The Headquarters of the London Fire Brigade on Albert Embankment, viewed here from Millbank. It contains residential accommodation, offices as well as a fire station. Adjacent to it on the river is a pier with fire rescue boats. The building, designed by London County Council architects E.P.Wheeler and assistant architect G.Weald, was opened by King George VI on 21st July 1937. Digital image courtesy of Penelope Gretton, 2004.Ref: SPd 3956/22/63
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.