The new headquarters building of the London Fire Brigade. The building, designed by the LCC architects, E.P.Wheeler and assistant architect, G.Weald, was opened by King George VI on 21st July 1937. Views showing a demonstration of an alarm call in the new Drill Tower on the left, and a fireman on the right, descending the stainless steel pole to get to the engines quickly. Photographs published in The Illustrated London News, July 24th 1937.
|Collection:||LAD Cuttings and Ephemera|
|Identifier:||Cutting Files / 245|
#1926 - 1950 #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #Cuttings and Ephemera #EMERGENCY SERVICES #LAMBETH #Photograph #TRANSPORT