LONDON FIRE BRIGADE HEADQUARTERS, ALBERT EMBANKMENT, LAMBETH
The new headquarters building of the London Fire Brigade. The building, designed by the LCC architects, E.P.Wheeler and assistant architect, G.Weald, was opened by King George VI on 21st July 1937. A section of the London Fire Brigade's band, seen here with ceremonial music stands, practising in front of the new bandstand for the royal inaugural visit. Photograph published in The Illustrated London News, July 24th 1937.Ref: Cuttings File 245
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to email@example.com.