LONDON FIRE BRIGADE HEADQUARTERS, ALBERT EMBANKMENT, LAMBETH
The new headquarters building of the London Fire Brigade seen from the rear. The building, designed by the LCC architects, E.P.Wheeler and assistant architect, G.Weald, was opened by King George VI on 21st July 1937. View from the yard showing the commentator's box on the right, and a memorial plaque by Gilbert Bayes, commemorating firemen who lost their lives fighting London Fires. Photograph published in The Illustrated London News, July 24th 1937.Ref: Cuttings File 245
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to email@example.com.