The Long Barn, Kennington, was originally part of the original royal palace belonging to the estate of the Prince of Wales (Duchy of Cornwall). In 1756 Long Barn Farm was tenanted to William Austin for 21 years at a rent of Â£60 p.a. plus 'half of all the gravel and sand dug from the premises'. It existed as stables until the early 19th century and was demolished in 1875.Ref: SP13/583/LON.1Engraving by T. Allen from contemporary drawing, for History of Lambeth, published 1826.
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.