The entrance block and chapel at Magdalen Hospital in Drewstead Road, Streatham Hill. The hospital was founded in Whitechapel in 1758 to help young women and girls who had 'gone astray'. It moved to Blackfriars in 1772 and relocated to Streatham in 1870s. By 1929 over 15,000 women had been recorded as passing through the home. Ref: 19/557 PAM
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.