Map showing Lambeth North and north Kennington. Lambeth Palace, the London residence of the Archbishop of Canterbury and St Mary's Church, is seen on the top left corner. Most of the developed area and industries are seen along the river bank, the Thames providing the main mode of transport. Further inland few residential roads run through the farmland and wooded areas, and housing is mainly concentrated along Walcot Place, which follows the line of the original Roman Road to Brighton, now Kennington Road. Map published by Richard Horwood, MDCCXCIX, extract from the Middle SW Sheet, 2nd Edition.
#-Before 1850 #OPEN SPACES #Print #RELIGION #RIVERS AND WATERCOURSES #ROADS AND STREETS