The new Marks and Spencer 'super store' in Brixton Road nearing completion. The first Marks and Spencer shop in London opened in Station Road, Brixton as a Penny Bazaar in 1903. It moved to this site, replacing the Francis and Sons store. Photograph by Miles & Kaye, dated 4th April 1931.
#1926 - 1950 #BRIXTON CENTRAL #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #Photograph #SHOPS AND SHOPPING