The Minet Library, Knatchbull Road. Built in 1890, the library was the gift of William Minet to Camberwell and Lambeth. The building was bombed in the World War II, rebuilt and opened in 1959. View of the opening ceremony at which the Mayor of Lambeth presided. Now housing Lambeth's Archives, part of the building is also the local Library. Article in 'London', No.153, Vol.V, January 2nd 1896.
#1951 - 1975 #BRIXTON NORTH #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #LIBRARIES #LOCAL GOVERNMENT #People #Photograph #POLITICS