The Minet Library, Knatchbull Road. Built in 1890, was the gift of William Minet to Camberwell and Lambeth. The building was bombed in the World War II, rebuilt and opened in 1959. Now housing Lambeth's Archives, part of it is also the local Library. Interior showing the Roneo library equipment, c.1965.
#1951 - 1975 #BRIXTON NORTH #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #LIBRARIES #LOCAL GOVERNMENT #Photograph