The Minet Library, Knatchbull Road. Built in 1890, the library was the gift of William Minet to Camberwell and Lambeth. View of the Junior Library housed in a temporary hut. The building was bombed in the World War II, rebuilt and opened in 1959. Now housing Lambeth's Archives, part of it is also the local Library. Article in 'London', No.153, Vol.V, January 2nd 1896.
#1926 - 1950 #BRIXTON NORTH #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #LIBRARIES #LOCAL GOVERNMENT #People #Photograph