The model village garden in Vauxhall Park. The Tudor village was originally made by Edgar Wilson for Brockwell Park in 1943, although this was subsequently shared with Vauxhall Park. Lambeth Council also sent a village by Mr Wilson to Melbourne, Australia, as a gift of thanks from the people of Lambeth and 'as a token of kinship and brotherly aid' for assistance received in the borough during World War II from the people of Melbourne. This village is still on display in Fitzroy Park, Melbourne, and has recently been restored. One original house still survives in Brockwell Park. From Public Relations Photographs.
Ref: 2005/1/2 PR Photos
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.