The new Moffat Institute in Lambeth, was built in 1896 in Esher Street, now Aveline Street. Members of the Brixton Congregational Church, inspired by the missionary zeal of Rev. Baldwin Brown and later Rev Bernard Snell, organised activities including free education for adults and children, penny dinners, social evenings, the Boys' Brigade and sewing classes for girls in these premises. Cover page of a booklet about the Moffat Institute by Rev Bernard Snell, with a map showing the location of the old and new Moffat Institute, published in 1896.
|Identifier:||S328/6 p.1 & p.3|
#1876 - 1900 #EDUCATION #Photograph #RELIGION #Surrey Pamphlets #VAUXHALL #WELFARE AND SOCIAL INSTITUTIONS