The interior of Music Hall at the Surrey Gardens in Walworth off Kennington Park Road. Annotated, 'Preparations for the dinner given to the Guards, August 25th 1856. Built in 1856, the Hall was used as a temporary home for St Thomas' Hospital before being badly damaged by fire in 1861. Ink drawing by G.P.Sargent from 'History and Antiquities of Camberwell' by W.H.Blanch, with additions by W.F.Noble.
|Image type:||Pen and Ink|
|Identifier:||Blanch Vol.2 p.20|
#1850 - 1875 #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #ENTERTAINMENT #OPEN SPACES #Pen and Ink