Children posing on a path in Myatt's Fields with the LCC School and St Gabriel's College behind. The land, originally used for market gardening, was given to the Metropolitan Board of Works for the purpose of developing it as a public park. It was opened by the London County Council on 28 May 1889 and the bandstand was added in 1894. From a negative of the original postcard.Ref: 2631/H Transparency
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.