The new Moffat Institute in Lambeth, was built in 1896. Members of the Brixton Congregational Church, inspired by the missionary zeal of Rev. Baldwin Brown and later Rev Bernard Snell, organised activities included free education for adults and children, penny dinners, social evenings, sewing classes for girls and the Boys' Brigade in these premises. Photograph from a booklet about the Moffat Institute by Rev Bernard Snell, published in 1896.
#1876 - 1900 #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #EDUCATION #Photograph #RELIGION #Surrey Pamphlets #VAUXHALL #WELFARE AND SOCIAL INSTITUTIONS