The north side of New Palace Road, Lambeth, presently the site of St Thomas's Hospital. From the right this view shows; North's Slate Works, Christie's Glass Works (afterwards Piper's the builder, and then George Jennings, the sanitary engineer). In the centre can be seen the Stangate Saw Mills, premises of Grisssell and Peto who built the of Houses of Parliament, and next on the left, Hayward & Nixon, builders. Photograph by William Strudwick.
#1850 - 1875 #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY #HEALTH #LAMBETH #Photograph #Strudwick Photographer #TRADE