The original Clapham parish church was in the centre of the old village of Clapham. After the new church of Holy Trinity was built on the Common in 1776, most of the old church was pulled down, leaving only this part for funerals. This was replaced in 1815 by St.Paul's Church, which became a chapel of ease for Holy Trinity. The view shows numbered monuments on the outside wall (left to right): 1. Mrs Margaret Castlefrank (died 1700); 2. Jonathan Price Esq. (d.1779) and his wife Mary (d.1796); 3. Mrs Sarah Mills (d.1788); 4. John Lewis Esq. (d.1790); 5. Mrs Elizabeth Mary Clark; 6. Katherine Porter wife of Rev. Moses Porter, Curate (d.1788). Watercolour by unknown artist.
|Collection:||Clapham Antiquarian Society|
|Image type:||Watercolour Painting|
#-Before 1850 #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #CLAPHAM #Clapham Antiquarian Society #RELIGION #Watercolour Painting