Park Hill, built in c.1830 by William Leaf a banker and silk merchant of Streatham. Sir Henry Tate, the sugar magnate (Tate and Lyle), art collector and philanthropist lived here from 1885. The house was converted to a convent in 1923. The building and grounds were redeveloped as a luxury residential complex between 2001 and 2002.
|Collection:||Streatham Antiquarian Society|
#1926 - 1950 #HOUSING #OPEN SPACES #Print #Streatham Antiquarian Society #STREATHAM COMMON