The Polygon, Clapham, built in 1792, almost certainly replaced earlier buildings on this site. This unusual cluster, enclosed by three roads, still survives despite suffering bomb damage in World War II. Note the 'Polygon Cash Store' with its distinctive row of moulded jars over the shop front, an old fashioned general store selling everything from food and medicines to hardware. The Rose and Crown public house seen next door still occupies this site.Ref: SP2002
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.