Raleigh House was an Elizabethan house with Georgian additions, situated in extensive grounds on the east side of Brixton Hill. It belonged to the Raleigh family and traditionally was claimed to have once been the residence of Sir Walter Raleigh, although this has not been authenticated. The building was demolished c.1890.Watercolour by M.G.Holdway, dated 1886Ref: LP16/170/RAI.H.1
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to email@example.com.