Single Image Page

REBUILDING OF ST MARY’S CHURCH, LAMBETH

REBUILDING OF ST MARY’S CHURCH, LAMBETH

An illustration with text showing the demolition of St Mary-at-Lambeth prior to extensive rebuilding by the contractors Howard & Nixon of Palace Road, Lambeth. Building work began on 9th December 1850 with the installation of sheds in Palace Yard for the stonemason Mr W Boulton of Mount Street, and with the removal of the windows and sills. The demolition, except for the mediaeval tower, began on 6th January. £7,000 was spent on the rebuild which was completed on 2nd February 1852. Published in the Lady's Newspaper, 8th March 1851.
Details
Collection:
Image type:Print
Artist:
Ref:05029
Identifier:SP12/713/17MA
Date:1851

#1850 - 1875  #ARCHITECTURE / BUILDINGS  #LAMBETH  #Print  #RELIGION 

Buy This Print

Buy This Print


Size Price (inc VAT) Shipping UK
(6"x4" & 10"x8" £2.50)
(Other £3.99)
Worldwide
(£5.99)
6"x4" £8.75
10"x8" £15.50
16"x12" £25.00
20"x16" £31.25

Other Photos Nearby

Other Photos Near Map

.