View of the river frontage of the Red Lion Brewery, founded in 1837 and designed by architect Francis Edwars (1784-1857). To the left can been seen the Shot Tower built in 1826. The brewery closed in 1931 after a fire. The Coade stone lion seen on top of the brewery was salvaged prior to demolition at the request of King George VI and eventually relocated to its present home on the east side of Westminster Bridge.Ref: SP12/64/BRE.3
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to email@example.com.