Entrance arch to the Red Lion Brewery in Belvedere Road, seen from Sutton Street. The brewery was founded in 1837 and the buildings were designed by Francis Edwards, a pupil of Sir John Soane. They were demolished for the 1951 Festival of Britain and the Royal Festival Hall now stands on the site. The small lion above the entrance arch was salvaged and placed outside Twickenham Rugby Stadium.Ref: SP12/64/BRE.4
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to email@example.com.