A newspaper article dated 10th July 1943 showing a proposal for the remodelling of the South Bank area from Waterloo Bridge to the County Hall, including a new road bridge to Charing Cross, replacing the Hungerford railway bridge. From a series of albums containing newspaper and magazine clippings, assorted ephemera and a diary, kept by Mrs Lucy Awdry of 14 Franconia Road, Clapham, for the duration of World War II and recording wartime life in London. During the war Mrs Awdry volunteered with the Women's Voluntary Service (WVS) assisting with fire watch duties and also at the Clapham War Savings Centre. Included in the Lambeth Archives Home Front project 2005.
|Collection:||Home Front Project 2005|
|Identifier:||IV 169 Vol 12|
#1926 - 1950 #Awdry Collection #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #WAR AND ARMED FORCES #WATERLOO