The subscription plan for the pews at the South Lambeth Chapel in South Lambeth Road, Kennington - later St Anne's church. Local subscribers include Foster, Dollond, Stewart, M Sawbey, P Buckley, Tyrell, Hoare, Wright, Hewett, Gubbins, Daniel, John Corrie, Buckmaster, Blicke, Mawson, Burnet, Sealy and W Burrows. The seats were only leased to those approved of by the governing body. However, the arrival of the railway to Nine Elms and the Phoenix Gas Company made the area less desirable to wealthy parishioners and the chapel's fortunes declined, resulting in the demise of subscriptions.
#-Before 1850 #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #Cuttings and Ephemera #Print #RELIGION #VAUXHALL