South Lambeth Road at Vauxhall looking north towards Coronation Buildings. The Brand and Co. Ltd factory, on the left at Nos 72-84, was a well-known for producing Essence of Beef, Meat Juice, Savoury Meat Lozenges, fish pastes and A.1. Sauce. The firm was begun in 1837 by Henderson William Brand, Chef to George VI, and moved to this building in 1887. The factory closed c.1965 and replaced in 1977 with Keybridge House. Coronation Buildings were also demolished and a business centre built in 1982. St Anne's church is just visible next to it.
Details |
Collection: | |
Image type: | Photograph |
Artist: | Johns |
Ref: | 08078 |
Identifier: | SP1330 |
Date: | c.1922 |
#1901 - 1925 #ARCHITECTURE / BUILDINGS #COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY #HOUSING #Photograph #TRADE #VAUXHALL