The Lower Marsh at the junction with Johanna Street showing the upper premises of the Spanish Patriot public house and looking south west towards Westminster Bridge Road. The pub was first recorded in the 1820 and was rebuilt in 1890 by the architect J.W. Brooker. The origins of the name are obscure, although perhaps relating to a popular print published in 1823.Ref: SP12/608/SPA.1
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to email@example.com.