Single Image Page

ST BARNABAS’ CHURCH AND SCHOOLS,

ST BARNABAS’ CHURCH AND SCHOOLS,

Engraving of St Barnabas' Church and St Barnabas' Schools in Guildford Road, South Lambeth. The schools were erected with a residence in 1841 and the church foundation stone laid by HRH Duke of Cambridge in 1848. It was consecrated by the Bishop of Winchester on 24th June 1850. The architects were Messrs Clarke and Humphries and construction costs were £4,800. The organ was built by Messrs Hill and Son of New Road. The church was deconsecrated in 1978 and c.1985 converted into social housing and run by Ekarro Housing Co-op.This engraving is by Billings and from 'History of Lambeth' by John Tanswell, published in 1858.
Details
Collection:
Image type:Engraving
Artist:
Ref:06085
Identifier:942.16
Date:1858

#1850 - 1875  #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE  #EDUCATION  #Engraving  #RELIGION  #SOUTH LAMBETH 

Buy This Print

Buy This Print


Size Price (inc VAT) Shipping UK
(6"x4" & 10"x8" £2.50)
(Other £3.99)
Worldwide
(£5.99)
6"x4" £8.75
10"x8" £15.50
16"x12" £25.00
20"x16" £31.25

Other Photos Nearby

Other Photos Near Map