St James's church in Knatchbull Road, Brixton North, seen from opposite when the land at Myatt's Fields was used for market gardening. The church was given by the Minet family and the foundation stone laid on 19th June 1869. The building was consecrated by the Bishop of Winchester almost a year later on 27th June 1870. The park was opened in 1889 and built on 14 acres of land given to the Metropolitan Board of Works by William Minet. Listed Grade II in 1979, it was deconsecrated in 1981 and soon after converted into housing by the Black Roof Housing Association.Ref: LP8/713
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to email@example.com.