St James's church in Knatchbull Road, Brixton North, was built in 1870 to the designs of George Low. Deconsecrated in 1981, it was converted into 18 apartments in 1984-85 for the Black Roof Housing Co-operative, saving it from demolition. The Â£842,000 cost of the conversion was funded by the Housing Corporation, the Historic Building and Monuments Commission, the GLC and the Tudor Trust. A Johns postcard.Ref: SP535
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.