Single Image Page

ST JOHN’S SCHOOLS, ANGELL TOWN,

ST JOHN’S SCHOOLS, ANGELL TOWN,

St.John's School in Canterbury Road (now Canterbury Crescent), Angell Town, was built in 1853 on land given by Benedict Angell, at a cost of £1,600. The architect was Benjamin Ferrey and it accommodated 180 boys and 120 girls, plus 100 infants. Although badly damaged by bombs in World War II, it was reopened in 1947.Engraving by Laing, published in a contemporary periodical, 1853.
Details
Collection:
Image type:Engraving
Artist:
Ref:05122
Identifier:SP16/71/JOH.1
Date:1853

#1850 - 1875  #BRIXTON NORTH  #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE  #EDUCATION  #Engraving 

Buy This Print

Buy This Print


Size Price (inc VAT) Shipping UK
(6"x4" & 10"x8" £2.50)
(Other £3.99)
Worldwide
(£5.99)
6"x4" £8.75
10"x8" £15.50
16"x12" £25.00
20"x16" £31.25

Other Photos Nearby

Other Photos Near Map