This 'Illustrated London News' report on 15th May 1869, notes St Jude's church in Dulwich Road, Herne Hill, was the newest church in the parish of Lambeth. It was designed by architect E.C.Dobins to hold 1,070 people at a cost of Â£7,900. A fire in 1923 led to a restoration by George Fellowes Pryme, but the church was deconsecrated in 1975 and is now a buisness centre.From many years St Mary-at-Lambeth was the only church in the parish until the building in 1793 of St Anne's 'chapel of ease' in South Lambeth Road, but by 1869 the number had grown to 25 churches as the population rapidly increased.Ref: Cuttings 713
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to email@example.com.