St Leonard's School dates from 1813 when it was initially established in a large room at the rear of the White Lion public house. This view shows the new school; the left-hand building was the Boys' School built by public subscription in 1837-38 at a cost of Â£1,000 on land given by Miss Kymer. The adjacent Girls' School was also a gift of hers and was replaced in 1909 by a two-storey building. Lithograph by George Scharf.
#1850 - 1875 #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #EDUCATION #Lithograph #STREATHAM CENTRAL #TRANSPORT