St Mary-the-Less in Black Prince Road was built 1827-1828 to the designs of Francis O Bedford at a cost of Â£7,634. Required to accommodate the growing population of Lambeth, it had pews for 600 parishioners and 'open free sittings' for 1,200. The church was demolished in the 1960s and Gibson Road now occupies the site.Watercolour by E.Hassell, dated 1831.
|Image type:||Watercolour Painting|
#-Before 1850 #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #LAMBETH #RELIGION #Watercolour Painting