The font and cover of Saint Mary's church, Lambeth given by James Forbes Young MD, 1853. The old St Mary's was demolished and rebuilt in 1851 and this new font is shown here in its original location to the side of the nave against the south aisle. As part of the 1972 deconsecration process at St Mary's the font was destroyed, although the lower portion survives in the south porch of the building, currently the Museum of Garden History.
|Image type:||Pencil Drawing|
|Identifier:||LP 12/713/9 MA|
#1850 - 1875 #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #LAMBETH #Pencil Drawing #RELIGION