Statue depicting the preaching of the word of God at Lambeth Mission, Lambeth Road. It was carved by Edward Copnall from bomb-damaged stone and placed on the front of the new Mission in 1951. The original building was destroyed by a V2 rocket in 1945. When the nearby parish church of St Mary-at-Lambeth was deconsecrated in 1972, its congregation united with the Methodist Mission for services and became known as St Mary's Mission. Photographed 31st March 2005.Digital image courtesy of Penelope Gretton.
#1976 to date #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #Graham Gower Collection #LAMBETH #Photograph #RELIGION #STATUES AND MEMORIALS