Single Image Page

Single Image Page

Title

ST MATTHEW’S CHURCH, CENTRAL BRIXTON

Front elevation from Brixton Hill, looking east. Built in 1824. St Matthew's is one of the four churches in Lambeth built with the aid of a government grant. The others are St Mark's at Kennington, St Luke's at West Norwood and St John's at Waterloo.Copyright Francis Frith Collection

Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to archives@lambeth.gov.uk.


Details
Collection:Frith
Image type:Photograph
Artist:Frith
Ref:20216
Original ref:SP 16/713/MATEW.3
Date:1898

1876 - 1900BRIXTON CENTRALBUILDINGS / ARCHITECTUREFrithPhotographRELIGIONSTREET FURNITURE

Other Photos Nearby

Other Photos Near Map