Single Image Page

Single Image Page

Title

ST MICHAEL’S CONVENT, PARK HILL, STREATHAM COMMON

St Michael's Convent, Park Hill. Built in c.1830 by William Leaf a banker and silk merchant. Henry Tate, the sugar magnate (Tate and Lyle), lived here from1885. A philanthropist who built the Tate Libraries in Brixton, South Lambeth and Streatham. Also an art collector, he opened his gallery here to the public once a year and later donated most of his collection to the Tate Gallery, which he established in London. This view looking east towards the main building from the lily pond was taken when it was a convent, July 1st 1939. It is a GradeII* listed building.Postcard, 1939.

Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to archives@lambeth.gov.uk.


Details
Collection:Postcard Albums
Image type:Photograph
Artist:
Ref:01153
Original ref:PC.Albums/14/188
Date:c.1939

1926 - 1950BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTUREHOUSINGOPEN SPACESPhotographPostcard AlbumsRELIGIONSTREATHAM COMMONTATE- Henry

Buy This Print

Buy This Print

Size Price (inc VAT) Shipping UK
(6"x4" & 10"x8" £2.50)
(Other £3.99)
Worldwide
(£5.99)
6"x4" £8.75
10"x8" £15.50
16"x12" £25.00
20"x16" £31.25

Other Photos Nearby

Other Photos Near Map