Formerly the home of Sir Henry Tate, the sugar magnate (Tate and Lyle), who lived here from 1885. The house was converted into a convent in 1923. This view shows the billiard room that was used for storage by the convent. The building and grounds were redeveloped as a luxury residential complex between 2001 and 2002.
#1976 to date #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #Graham Gower Collection #Photograph #RELIGION #STREATHAM COMMON