St Philip's church in Kennington Road. A plaque states that the fund to build the church was begun in 1849 by the parishioners as a 'thank-offering to Almighty God for their preservation from cholera'. The building was consecrated in 1863 and seated 600 people. It was twice bombed during World War II, losing the spire and demolished in 1976.Watercolour by D. Mills, dated 1962Ref: LP13/713/PHI.2
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to email@example.com.