Single Image Page

Single Image Page

Title

STANGATE, LAMBETH

Old houses in Stangate, Lambeth, demolished to make way for Albert Embankment and St Thomas's Hospital. The photograph was catalogued probably by Charles Woolley: 'The brick built house to the right was tenanted by 'Old Cook', who combined the businesses of bootmaker, tobacconist, and vendor of newspapers, periodicals, etc. The old wooden house was tenanted by old Mrs Thompson, who was a general store dealer and greengrocer. The shop entrance was down two steps. This is the present site of St Thomas's Nursing Home'. Photograph by William Strudwick.Ref: S3196/ 10

Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to archives@lambeth.gov.uk.


Details
Collection:Woolley
Image type:Photograph
Artist:William Strudwick
Ref:00465
Original ref:S3196/10
Date:c.1866

1850 - 1875BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTUREFOOD AND DRINKLAMBETHPhotographROADS AND STREETSSHOPS AND SHOPPINGSTREET FURNITUREWoolley

Buy This Print

Buy This Print

Size Price (inc VAT) Shipping UK
(6"x4" & 10"x8" £2.50)
(Other £3.99)
Worldwide
(£5.99)
6"x4" £8.75
10"x8" £15.50
16"x12" £25.00
20"x16" £31.25

Other Photos Nearby

Other Photos Near Map